Health and Safety
Standard of Safety
CCI passionately believes in continuing education programs, especially in the area of safety. We have developed a comprehensive program, allowing our personnel to excel in the area of safety. CCI has many programs and policies in place to teach and remind our employees about the importance of a safe workplace. Everyone involved, from our corporate management, to project management, to our field staff, is responsible in playing an integral role supporting a strong safety culture.
Clients choose contractors who can deliver solutions for the best value and with minimum risk. Health and Safety is an essential component of our planning and execution of every project at CCI.
Safety audits are held periodically at each project site to evaluate CCI’s health and safety performance and find ways to improve.
Remedial operations are kept in strict accordance with OSHA and other applicable health and safety standards with a site health and safety plan being developed and approved for each project prior to mobilization.
Substance Abuse Policy
CCI promotes and enforces a drug-free work environment. Our corporate policy requires pre-employment drug screening. Employees may be subject to a random drug/alcohol screen to ensure a drug/alcohol-free workplace. CCI also participates in the Pipeline Drug & CCS Testing Program and participates in any client/project-specific drug program.
- Blood Borne & Airborne Pathogens IDC
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Development Course
- Hazcom Compliance Team
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Training
- NCDOT Hazardous Waste Transport Training
- 40-hr HAZWOPER
- HAZWOPER Train the Trainer Program
- Equipment Operator Training
- Lift Truck Operator Instructor Development Course
- Lockout/Tagout Training
- Respirator Fit Testing
- Annual OSHA Work Physicals and Medical Monitoring
- OSHA 510
- OSHA 10-hr Construction
- State Certification Instructors for HAZMAT & Confined Space Entry
- Client and/or Site-Specific Safety Training
company safety & auditing programs and certifications
- ISNetworld, Avetta and Veriforce certified. These programs allow subscribed contractors to submit their company’s information and report their safety standards & performance to multiple clients.
- Gold Shovel Standard certified. Gold Shovel Standard (GSS) is a non-profit organization committed to improving workforce and public safety and the integrity of buried infrastructure.
- U.S. Coast Guard OSRO classified. The U.S. Coast Guard established the OSRO (oil spill response organization) classification in response to regulatory requirements set forth in the Oil Pollution Action of 1990 (OPA90) following the Exxon Valdez oil spill in 1989. OPA90 requires qualified companies to develop and maintain plans to help prevent spills and detailed plans to contain and respond to spills that may occur.